Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fran Fran is offline

Default why can't I see/print text added in format text box in Word

I used to be able to add text into a format text box in a word document
(Microsoft Word 2002 sp3) and see it in print preview and then print it out -
now I can't! I have tried changing the text box to the particular document I
am using to 'in line with text' but then it disappears and I get this

SHAPE/MERGE FORMAT in its place !

Documents that I have done previously and been able to print and see are now
printing blank.

Can anyone help me please I am running out of ideas

--
Fran
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Alt+F9 to switch between display of field codes (like the SHAPE
field you see now) and field results (the text box).

Assuming you still have Word 2002, two things to try:
1. In Word, if you're working in Normal view, then switch to Print
Layout view (View | Print Layout), because objects that are formatted as
"float over text" (Word 97) or as something other than "inline with
text" (Word 2000, 2002, and 2003) are not visible in Normal view.
2. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | check the
"Drawings" box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | Print tab |
check the "Drawing objects" box | OK.