Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ratcliff Ratcliff is offline

Default Word 2003 Styles (cross post)

Hi All,

This is a cross post from Docmanagement group.

I am attempting to create a template with a certain set of styles for
a book (900+ pages) and I want to use the protect document feature to
disallow the introduction of unintentional styles.

Am I missing something or do I really have to create a style for every
tiny thing? For example, I have one for Character Bold, Character
Italic, Character Bold Italic, Character Underline, Character Bold
Underline, Character Italic Underline, Character Bold Italic
Underline ... and on and on and on....

Is there a way to stack these styles so I only need one Bold style and
one Italic style and one underline style I can apply in any
combination? The same question goes for paragraph styling. If I bold a
paragraph and then try to apply an indent - I lose one or the other or
I have to create a bold 1st indent, bold 2nd indent, and on and
on ....

I cannot find any documentation which addresses this. (and I cannot
use my apostrophe key without ending up with a quick search ...?)

Thanks,
P Ratcliff