Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S.Moedl

Default programs will not keep customized settings

My programs will not keep my settings. In Windows Explorer, I will set the
view of my folders to details, and then when I go in again, it will be
changed back to the default icons. And in Word, when I set my options of
where to save documents, or where my templates are, etc. they have reverted
back to the default when I go back into Word again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reb

After you set your view in Windows Explorer, go to Tools--Folder Options,
View tab, and click Apply to All Folders, then click Yes.

In Word, go to Tools--Options, File Locations tab. Select Documents then
Modify btn. Do the same for User Templates.

"S.Moedl" wrote:

My programs will not keep my settings. In Windows Explorer, I will set the
view of my folders to details, and then when I go in again, it will be
changed back to the default icons. And in Word, when I set my options of
where to save documents, or where my templates are, etc. they have reverted
back to the default when I go back into Word again.

Can't get customized tool settings to stay in Word 2003 Luis Ortega New Users 1 October 16th 05 12:03 PM
Toolbar will not hold customized settings Grajek Microsoft Word Help 4 July 8th 05 12:04 AM
Toolbar - customized settings disappear Ursula A. New Users 6 May 14th 05 02:40 PM
Template settings TRM Page Layout 1 February 7th 05 11:11 AM
template settings TRM Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 05 04:23 PM