Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bolsun

Default Print dialog - Print What

Does anyone know what determines whether the "Print what" option is grayed
out or not? TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've never seen it disabled.

"Bolsun" wrote in message
Does anyone know what determines whether the "Print what" option is grayed
out or not? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

I haven't seen that either -- at least not in Word. A few iterations ago,
WordPad used the same Print dialog that Word used, and Print what: was
grayed out in WordPad. However, that's not currently the case.

I'm not going to remove all my printers to see what happens, but I wonder if
it might be related to whether or not a printer is installed.

Another thing that sometimes causes dialogs to have screwed up options is
registry corruption. The op might try:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I've never seen it disabled.

so
all may benefit.

"Bolsun" wrote in message
Does anyone know what determines whether the "Print what" option is
grayed
out or not? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bolsun

Thanks for the pointers Herb, I'll take a look see. The doc with the problem
prints only Tracked Changes data and symbols, with inputs from 3 authors.
Initially, I pursued a possible problem with the Margins without success.
Even with Tracked changes turned off, "Print what" remains grayed out?

"Bolsun" wrote in message
Does anyone know what determines whether the "Print what" option is
grayed
out or not? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Document with markup" is the default setting if you print from Document
Showing Markup view (and that's what you get if you just click the Print
toolbar button), but it should still be possible to change it to "Document"
or some other setting.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

I haven't seen that either -- at least not in Word. A few iterations

ago,
WordPad used the same Print dialog that Word used, and Print what: was
grayed out in WordPad. However, that's not currently the case.

I'm not going to remove all my printers to see what happens, but I

wonder if
it might be related to whether or not a printer is installed.

Another thing that sometimes causes dialogs to have screwed up options

is
registry corruption. The op might try:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I've never seen it disabled.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Bolsun" wrote in message
Does anyone know what determines whether the "Print what" option is
grayed
out or not? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bolsun

Thanks Suzanne. It works as you described first time with a test document. I
have just discovered some Rational Soda macros associated with the problem
document...

"Bolsun" wrote in message
Does anyone know what determines whether the "Print what" option is
grayed
out or not? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the feedback. What in the world is Rational Soda?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Document with markup" is the default setting if you print from Document
Showing Markup view (and that's what you get if you just click the Print
toolbar button), but it should still be possible to change it to

"Document"
or some other setting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bolsun" wrote in message
Does anyone know what determines whether the "Print what" option

is
grayed
out or not? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bolsun

The SoDA macros were associated with a very old template ( Ithink?) so
decided on a detour solution: Copy the whole doc incl TRK into a blank doc
using normal.dot. 'Print what' was enabled and it all printed OK. Thanks for
your feedback.