Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annafofanna Annafofanna is offline

Default How do I get Wizard for Authors for MS Word 2003?

Would like to be able to use the Word 2003 program for novel/storywriting.
The Wizard for Authors would add much to help with formatting and styles for
this type of writing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Anna

Annafofanna wrote:
Would like to be able to use the Word 2003 program for novel/storywriting.
The Wizard for Authors would add much to help with formatting and styles for
this type of writing.

Hmm, is this an existing Wizard you have in mind? I'm not familiar with
such (with doesn't mean much :-)), but for writing novel-like text, you
only need a very basic template with literally a handful of styles only.
I'd place them on a toolbar and/or assign keyboard shortcuts to them.

No bells'n'whistles (on the contrary: while writing one does not need
any unnecessary distractions, IMHO).

So, if you want to setup your own template and run into problems, just
ask in here.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annafofanna Annafofanna is offline

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Anna

Annafofanna wrote:
[...]

Hi Robert,

Yes, the Wizard for Authors is a Word program. I am having trouble finding
it. It was recommended by a writer. There are supposedly a whole group of
wizards, 'Wizards 4 Word', but am really only interested in the Wizard for
Authors.

You are absolutely correct about the bells and whistles, but this is a very
simple wizard that will automatically format the book for publishing and keep
an eye on style. Just a tool, you know.

Thanks,
Annafofanna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Looks like you can find it he http://www.recipes4word.com/ (first hit on
Google) or specifically he
http://www.recipes4word.com/wizards_for_authors_top.htm. But it costs $120.

"Annafofanna" wrote in message

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Anna

Annafofanna wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Looks like you can find it he http://www.recipes4word.com/ (first hit on
Google) or specifically he
http://www.recipes4word.com/wizards_for_authors_top.htm. But it costs $120.

--

Suzanne,
Thanks so much. I had seen that also, but not wanting to spend that kind of
money. I have downloaded the template from your MVP Word site and am working
with that. It is great! You have made it so easy to work with the settings in
Word to customize it for what I want to use it for. Glad you're not a Geek,
otherwise, I wouldn't be able to understand. I'm not a geek either, just a
writer that's been out of the loop for quite some time. Used the old
WorpPerfect software years ago in college, but as you say, that's prehistoric
and publishers all want Word.
Thanks again,
Anna

"Annafofanna" wrote in message