Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Why are web and email links opening in W[_2_] Why are web and email links opening in W[_2_] is offline

Default Webpages keep opening in word. How do I stop this?

Something happened to change the settings on my computer ( I guess) and
everytime I link on a hyperlink it opens in Microsoft Word 2007. How do I
stop this? I had this problem and do not remember how I stopped it from
happening.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mike.smith[_2_] mike.smith[_2_] is offline

Hello,

your problem is that your htm (html) files are paired with MS Word.

So what to do:
Point your mouse cursor on the file you want to open.
Right click
Pick - open with
You will get a list of programs.
Pick Internet Explorer or Firefox
Then remember, this is very important.
On the bottom you will have a check box "Always open with this program."
Tick it and hit OK.

Problem solved. :-)

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"Why are web and email links opening in W" wrote:

Something happened to change the settings on my computer ( I guess) and
everytime I link on a hyperlink it opens in Microsoft Word 2007. How do I
stop this? I had this problem and do not remember how I stopped it from
happening.

rosenmarsh rosenmarsh is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.smith[_2_] View Post
Hello,

your problem is that your htm (html) files are paired with MS Word.

So what to do:
Point your mouse cursor on the file you want to open.
Right click
Pick - open with
You will get a list of programs.
Pick Internet Explorer or Firefox
Then remember, this is very important.
On the bottom you will have a check box "Always open with this program."
Tick it and hit OK.

Problem solved. :-)

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website
Hi
I am having the same problem with Word 2003. Been going on for a week and I have no idea what I changed...Unfortunately there is not option to "Always open with this program". I have already tried to make firefox the default browser for html pages but this has not changed anything. At the moment .htm and .html pages are showing up as not being associated with any program but when I open them they always open in word. I can open them with firefox via "open with" but I don't want to have to keep doing this...

Many thanks for any helpo