Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
L... L... is offline

Default Burning word doc changes to "read only"

WinXP, Office 2k.

Have a Word Doc I need to burn to CD, turn into my professor, and be able to
make changes.
When I burn it, the properties change to "read only".

Help,

L.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Correct - you can't edit files on a CD. They aren't the same as a floppy
disk or certain other types of removable media. Actually, editing files on
*any* type of removable media is not the preferred method

The file must be copied to the HD & that copy used for editing. (You may
then have to remove the Read Only attrib from the new copy.)

If the CD is rewritable you may be able to then copy the edited file back to
replace the original, but that can be risky.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac