Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ivanho Ivanho is offline

Default This discussion forum is unweildy

There does not appear to be a way to find one's own postings. There does not
appear to be a way to sort postings descending by date.

The delay in postings being displayed is way too long and makes this forum
less valuable.

I noticed that many people ask similar questions yet there do not seem to be
comprehensive answers to these questions. A case in point is my question on
page numbering.

It is obvious from the posted questions that dozens if not hgundreds of
people are having difficulty working with page numbering in the simple case
where there is a front and back cover page with a numbered document
sandwiched in between.

This should be a simple process. Yet, there are only complex solutions. I
work in multiple word processors and WORD is near the bottom of my list of
this type of software. The only reason people stick with WORD is because of
the decision by microsoft to make WORD and OEM installed software and thus
they have critical mass.

Sooner or later, WORD customers will get disgusted with microsoft's customer
be damned attitude and then the Fit will hit the Shan!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I doubt that anyone will disagree, especially since notifications and some
other features currently aren't working correctly. If you want better sort
and search capabilities, you'd be better off reading the NGs using an NNTP
newsreader such as Outlook Express. See http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

http://word.mvps.org