select label size in mm

Old August 13th 05, 10:38 PM
graham richardson

Default select label size in mm

how do I change label sizes from inches to cm.

I have lorenz bell 48.5 X 25.4
Old August 14th 05, 01:09 AM

If you have selected cm as your default unit of measurement (Tools | Options
| General), label sizes should be shown in cm.

"graham richardson" graham wrote in
message ...

Old August 14th 05, 05:45 PM
CyberTaz

If you want to use metric measurements as default, Suzanne's right on the
money. The ruler will also reflect the selected system.

If it is just an occasional need, however, you can set the default as
whatever you use most and still be able to specify measurements in a
different system as long as you type the appropriate specs.

Such as: Measurement System set to Inches, type in 48.5mm
" " " to Centimeters, type in .5" or .5in

I just throw this out there 'cause I prefer to work in Inches as a matter of
default, but sometimes prefer to specify a certain measurement (other than
font size) in points (pt). Comes in real handy.

Regards |:)

On 8/13/05 5:38 PM, in article
, "graham richardson"
graham

Old August 14th 05, 10:31 PM

I do this, too, but I figured the OP wanted to *see* the measurements in cm
rather than enter them that way. IOW, when you look at the Details of a
given label, the measurements are given in your default unit, and there's no
way to change that on the fly.

Old August 15th 05, 12:08 AM

In this case the OP said "select" label size, so I took this to mean he
wanted Word to display the measurements for labels in cm so that he could
select sizes based on those measurements.

"CyberTaz" wrote in message

On 8/14/05 5:31 PM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I figured the OP wanted to *see* the measurements in cm

Excellent point - I should have mentioned that Word actually makes a
conversion to the default.

Regards |:)