Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mshappy Mshappy is offline

Default Can't get a clean word document

my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and every time
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Good idea since Suzanne is independently wealthy! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I joke about that, but honestly it does feel that way since I started
getting some nice chunks of my dad's estate. I'm stashing them away for my
"retirement" (a concept I can't really comprehend), but it does give me a
"comfortable" feeling.

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Comfortable is a great state to live in. I'm sorry you had to lose your dad
to get there tho.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It has been a relief, to be sure, as Dad had always said his estate planning
was based on leaving no estate. He also said that his estate planning was
based on the expectation of dying at age 86. When he got to be 88 (and was
deeply in debt), I was really concerned that we four kids would end up
bailing out the estate.

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

My parents are spending my inheritance - with my blessings. Pre-need
arrangements have been made and it's all downhill from there. My parents
grew up so poor it breaks my heart. I love seeing them enjoy life now, even
if I am envious that they are always on their way to or coming home from
some cruise to a warm island. And here I sit on a dreary winter day trying
to stay warm.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:54:34 -0500, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

My parents are spending my inheritance - with my blessings. Pre-need
arrangements have been made and it's all downhill from there. My parents
grew up so poor it breaks my heart. I love seeing them enjoy life now, even
if I am envious that they are always on their way to or coming home from
some cruise to a warm island. And here I sit on a dreary winter day trying
to stay warm.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Here are some warm wishes to help out. :-)

Send 'em back when you're done with them -- we're leaving on Thursday
for a week in Minneapolis and La Crosse, so I'm going to need them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Let me multiply those warm wishes - you're going to need them a lot more
than me!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

wrote:

My parents are spending my inheritance - with my blessings. Pre-need
arrangements have been made and it's all downhill from there. My parents
grew up so poor it breaks my heart. I love seeing them enjoy life now,
even
if I am envious that they are always on their way to or coming home from
some cruise to a warm island. And here I sit on a dreary winter day trying
to stay warm.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Here are some warm wishes to help out. :-)

Send 'em back when you're done with them -- we're leaving on Thursday
for a week in Minneapolis and La Crosse, so I'm going to need them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Dad had made it clear that we should not expect anything when he was gone,
and that was fine with me. I truly *didn't* expect anything. But watching
him pile up huge balances (and ruinous service charges) on dozens of credit
cards was difficult for me (even though I knew he had what he considered
good reasons for it). Although from time to time I tried to urge him to pay
off some of the debt (and his huge margin account was driving his
stockbroker crazy), I felt uncomfortable getting too much into finance with
him because I feared appearing greedy: I was afraid my cautions would sound
like complaints that he was spending my inheritance. It wasn't till he died
that we really realized how far his dementia had progressed, but we did also
learn that, as he kept insisting, he had assets more than sufficient to
cover his debt.

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

as he kept insisting, he had assets more than sufficient to cover his debt.

Now if only we were all that cautious!

Terry

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The issue was that he had a lot of stock in a family company, which he had
inherited from his mother. For a long time, he was unable to determine his
basis in the stock, and when he finally did, he realized that, if he sold
it, the capital gains tax would be ruinous. After he died, the basis was
reset, and we were able to catch the stock on an uptick and sell it for its
appreciated worth without adverse tax consequences. This was sufficient to
pay off his margin and all his credit card debt, the mortgage on the house,
and everything else, so it worked out very nicely.

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

I'll be in that "comfortable" state all too soon.

Like your Dad, my Mom's estate planning intended to have her comfortable but
broke by the time she died. Her will even says "split whatever is left
between the kids, but don't plan on much being left".

Sadly, it's looking more and more like she planned for 20 years too many.
:-(

Dan

"Mshappy" wrote in message
my new blank page in word has the paragrah I type last week and
every time i
go into word the paragraph come up even when i click new page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In your case, it is truly sad that you will lose your mom 20 years sooner
than she (or you) expected. I felt that way about my mother; at 86, she
wouldn't have had 20 more years, but I think she would probably have been
good for at least 10 if the doctors had left her alone. I'm still feeling
rather bitter toward the cardiologist (whom I've never liked--he's a cold
fish) who persuaded mother that she needed surgery, even though her primary
care physician advised against it.