Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dave

Default saving file problems

each time I save an existing document another empty file is created beginning
in "$". As it is listed, it is lighter then other file listings? How can I
prevent this funny "additional" file from being saved?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

You can't prevent it. Word requires certain temporary files while it's
working with a document, as explained at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632. Just learn to ignore it.

When you close the document, the temp files should be deleted
automatically. If they hang around, use the procedure at
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm to clean up.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman