Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Harper

Default Toolbar Reappearing

I have created a template and recently two toolbars, one called Control and
another little one called Exit Design Mode, keep popping up when I open the
template or create documents from it. I've tried everything I can to delete
them or prevent them from showing up, but they reappear. I am using Word 2002.

Thanks!
--
Pamela Harper
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You probably, at some time, put something in your template using the
Controls Toolbar. You don't want to do this when you don't know how to
manage them. These are ActiveX controls.

You can often get what you want from the Forms toolbar. If not, write back.
This is what Word calls an "online form." Check this in help. For more about
online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Pam Harper" wrote in message
I have created a template and recently two toolbars, one called Control
and
another little one called Exit Design Mode, keep popping up when I open
the
template or create documents from it. I've tried everything I can to
delete
them or prevent them from showing up, but they reappear. I am using Word
2002.

Thanks!
--
Pamela Harper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Harper

Yes, I'm sure you are right on that (I tried to create a macro and ran into a
problem with that, which opened the VB window). Do I need to create another
template to get rid of them? I can't do it in the current template?
--
Pamela Harper

"Pam Harper" wrote in message
I have created a template and recently two toolbars, one called Control
and
another little one called Exit Design Mode, keep popping up when I open
the
template or create documents from it. I've tried everything I can to
delete
them or prevent them from showing up, but they reappear. I am using Word
2002.

Thanks!
--
Pamela Harper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes, you need to create another template.

You could try saving as .rtf format, closing Word, and opening the .rtf
document and saving it as a template.