Sabrina D

Default Help!! Odd behaviour - track changes Word 2002/2003???

I recieved a document from a client yesterday which seems to be without
tracked changes. When searching for tracked changes Word claims that there
arenīt any. When accepting all changes word claims that there arenīt any.
Track changes is not active in the document.

However - If i place the cursor in a numbered list and press Enter a tracked
change appears. It says that Mr XYZ has applied a format change 1 jan 2005.
I may then accept this as with any normal change. My own change (the Enter)
is not tracked.

If I turn track changes on and press enter Iīll see both my change and the
Mr XYZ change.

It seems possible to turn changes on - do a change and then accept all and
the behavior stops. But - how is it possible to "find" old changes in the
document like this?

The client has Office 2003 Sp1, I have run the MS cleansweep fuction through
the document and it didn't find any changes (but the behavior stopped after
this).I also tried to repair the document but Word found no errors. The
behavior is the same in Office XP.

Anyone else heard of anything similar? I am out of ideas now! Help!

Sabrina

Prabhu Kanagarajan

Hi:

Check that the "Markup" option from the Edit Menu is enabled or not.
Because, irrespective of "Track Changes" option, the Markup option will show
all the changes made by your client. So you can easliy find out the previous
changes.

Regards
Prabhu

"Sabrina D" wrote:

I recieved a document from a client yesterday which seems to be without
tracked changes. When searching for tracked changes Word claims that there
arenÂīt any. When accepting all changes word claims that there arenÂīt any.
Track changes is not active in the document.

However - If i place the cursor in a numbered list and press Enter a tracked
change appears. It says that Mr XYZ has applied a format change 1 jan 2005.
I may then accept this as with any normal change. My own change (the Enter)
is not tracked.

If I turn track changes on and press enter IÂīll see both my change and the
Mr XYZ change.

It seems possible to turn changes on - do a change and then accept all and
the behavior stops. But - how is it possible to "find" old changes in the
document like this?

The client has Office 2003 Sp1, I have run the MS cleansweep fuction through
the document and it didn't find any changes (but the behavior stopped after
this).I also tried to repair the document but Word found no errors. The
behavior is the same in Office XP.

Anyone else heard of anything similar? I am out of ideas now! Help!

Sabrina

Margaret Aldis

Hi Sabrina

What you are seeing shouldn't be happening (though there have been similar
sightings reported in the past), and should probably be taken as an
indication of document corruption.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Sabrina D" wrote in message
[...]

Sabrina D

Well, thats what I thought as well - it is odd that word dont' see it even
when I repair it though. The client that has the error is a law firm and for
them this is extremly important - which I agree with.

There are no "written" changes shown, just formatted but still - I can see
the name of the author as well as the date the change is made which is
rather odd.

"Margaret Aldis" skrev i
meddelandet ...

"Sabrina D" wrote in message
[...]

Sabrina D

Thank you, I have checked this and I am rather familiar with this feature
and even if they were hidden the "find next" option should show me even the
hidden ones as far as I understand?

The issue (to me) seems more of a "corrupt" kind...

Thanks anyway - would appreciate more thoughts on the matter too! :-)

Sabrina

"Prabhu Kanagarajan" skrev i