Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jennie R. Jennie R. is offline

Default indent setting under Q and A titles

I am doing a Q and A paper, where you ask the question then type the
answer. When I hit the enter key, how do I set up so that it will
return under the text instead of the "Q" ??

Q. blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah
blahblah blah blah
and blah blah blah

instead of

Q. blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah
blah
blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah

thanks so much for your help, Jennie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_86_] Henk57[_86_] is offline

You could make a separate paragraph style for Q and for the A. This
also give you more flex than just indenting, e.g. Q in italic and blue,
A in straight text etc.
HTH, Henk

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For instructions on the style route, see he
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm

If you don't want to do that, Jennie, the thing you want is a hanging
indent. You can apply it via Format | paragraph, or toss that term into
Help. But you would not be hitting enter at all, in the process you
describe, except between questions.

Jennie R.;2383853 Wrote:

I am doing a Q and A paper, where you ask the question then type the
answer. When I hit the enter key, how do I set up so that it will
return under the text instead of the "Q" ??

Q. blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah
blahblah blah blah
and blah blah blah

instead of

Q. blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah
blah
blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah

thanks so much for your help, Jennie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For more on setting up Q&A styles, see

Jennie R.;2383853 Wrote:

I am doing a Q and A paper, where you ask the question then type the
answer. When I hit the enter key, how do I set up so that it will
return under the text instead of the "Q" ??

Q. blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah
blahblah blah blah
and blah blah blah

instead of

Q. blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah
blah
blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah

thanks so much for your help, Jennie

Pages with titles Phantom Microsoft Word Help 3 July 18th 07 09:35 PM
The left indent moves in progressively as I type. w/no indent. Charlie Skinner Microsoft Word Help 1 October 25th 06 09:47 AM
Default indent setting on Automatic Bullets & Numbering Chris W Microsoft Word Help 4 April 25th 05 02:45 PM
table titles Michael Vestel Tables 1 February 22nd 05 11:30 PM
hidden titles jad Page Layout 1 December 7th 04 07:33 PM