ED

Default moving picture

I'm trying to move a picture within a textframe.
TF

That's a statement: what is the question?

"ED" wrote in message
news : I'm trying to move a picture within a textframe.

TF

That's a statement: what is the question?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"ED" wrote in message
news : I'm trying to move a picture within a textframe.

TF

If this is a Text Box (a Frame is entirely different), you need to select
the object and then right-click on the edge of the Text Box and select
Format Text Box, Layout tab and then click the Advanced button. Here you can
set the exact location relative to either the page or margin and clear the
check box to Move Object with Text. That should keep is rigidly positioned.
You should get similar options using most objects inserted into Word.

Terry

"ED" wrote in message
: If I adjust the Picture the textframe seems to adjust also. How do I
adjust
: the picture only and keep it in the position I want?
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: That's a statement: what is the question?
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "ED" wrote in message
: news : : I'm trying to move a picture within a textframe.
:
:
:

ED

Yes, you're right it is a textbox, which I know how to move around. However
I have an object (picture) in the textbox which I want to centre horizontally
and vertically in the textbox. But I cann't get the object to stay where I
want it in the textbox.