Gerard

Default Disable vba when starting word 2003

How can I disable the automatic prompts when word starts? I have made some
Fill-in fields and everytime I startup, word starts an automatic prompt. I
want to disable this automatic prompt. I want to make a new button in word to
start the prompt for all fill in fields.
Does anyone have an idea? I have tried wordbasic.disableautomacros and the
shift button.
Graham Mayor

Not sure what you are asking here. If you save macro code in a *document*
you will get a warning prompt. Save code in templates and set Word security
to medium and to trust installed templates and the macro warning will go
away.

If your need a button to force the prompts, then use the code at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm attached to a button. Save this
code in normal.dot so that it is available to all documents that require a
field update function.

Gerard wrote:
How can I disable the automatic prompts when word starts? I have made
some Fill-in fields and everytime I startup, word starts an automatic
prompt. I want to disable this automatic prompt. I want to make a new
button in word to start the prompt for all fill in fields.
Does anyone have an idea? I have tried wordbasic.disableautomacros
and the shift button.

Gerard

Dear Graham,

Thanks for your answer an I think I can use your script for launching the
Macros via a Button. But I would like to disable the automatic prompts from
the Form fields. We have made some templates and when we start a mail merge
in SalesLogix (CRM software) they always come up with the Fill in fields we
made i the document. We would like to disable that and start a new script via
a button. We can make this new script with the help of your link. But we
cannot disable the fill-in fields.

Gerard wrote:
How can I disable the automatic prompts when word starts? I have made
some Fill-in fields and everytime I startup, word starts an automatic
prompt. I want to disable this automatic prompt. I want to make a new
button in word to start the prompt for all fill in fields.
Does anyone have an idea? I have tried wordbasic.disableautomacros
and the shift button.

Graham Mayor

The answer to what I think you are asking would be to toggle the fill in
field display (ALT+F9) and remove the \o switches from the fields. Then they
should only prompt when you run the script.

Gerard wrote:
How can I disable the automatic prompts when word starts? I have
made some Fill-in fields and everytime I startup, word starts an
automatic prompt. I want to disable this automatic prompt. I want
to make a new button in word to start the prompt for all fill in
fields.
Does anyone have an idea? I have tried wordbasic.disableautomacros
and the shift button.

Gerard

Graham,

We don't use the \o switches. All fillin fields are made without this
switch. I have tried to put \m in the code (to prevent macros or autoexec
from running). But this doesn't work either. It probably has something todo
in the way Saleslogix handles with the mail merge (templates)

If you still have another suggestion I would be very pleased.
Thanx so far
Grtz
Gerard

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The answer to what I think you are asking would be to toggle the fill in
field display (ALT+F9) and remove the \o switches from the fields. Then they
should only prompt when you run the script.

Word 2003 Mailmerge problem - works in Word 2000 Rick Robinson Mailmerge 2 April 28th 05 10:16 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM