Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gramma N Gramma N is offline

Default Word 2003 won't open document created in a previous version

My husband's laptop has Office 2003 on it. Since the newest update he has
been unable to open a document that was attached to an email. He can open it
on his desktop that has Office XP on it but not on his laptop. I have tried
saving the document before opening it, but that doesn't seem to solve the
problem either.

The error message says the following:
You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of
Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by
your registry policy setting.

I have no idea how to solve this one as we have not had this problem until
recently.

Thanks