Abraham Pareja

Default Wizards

How can i create a wizard to fill a template that i have created in word?
Can you guys help me on this please!!
Anne Troy

Hi, Abraham. This sounds like a pretty big project, and you've provided
literally no information. You would probably be better off starting slow.
What's the first thing you want to do? Perhaps something like this will
help?
http://www.dragondrop.com/WordCoding/word011a.asp
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Abraham Pareja" Abraham wrote in message
news
How can i create a wizard to fill a template that i have created in word?
Can you guys help me on this please!!

Abraham Pareja

Hi, Anne. look i have created a few templates for my company and now i need a
wizard for that every time that i start that wizard it prompt me for my name,
department email, etc, etc, etc, and that info i need that fill it up in some
"text Form Fields" in my templates
that's why i need to know how to create this wizard.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Abraham. This sounds like a pretty big project, and you've provided
literally no information. You would probably be better off starting slow.
What's the first thing you want to do? Perhaps something like this will
help?
http://www.dragondrop.com/WordCoding/word011a.asp
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Abraham Pareja" Abraham wrote in message
news
How can i create a wizard to fill a template that i have created in word?
Can you guys help me on this please!!

Charles Kenyon

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...hBookmarks.htm. Wizards are
essentially UserForms, often with flashy formatting.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Abraham Pareja" Abraham wrote in message
news
How can i create a wizard to fill a template that i have created in word?
Can you guys help me on this please!!

As Charles has said, a "wizard" is basically a UserForm, and if you use a
UserForm, you don't need to use form fields. Instead, you can have users
enter text into the UserForm and it can then be written either to bookmarks
in the document or (better) to document properties which can be inserted in
the document using DocProperty fields.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Abraham. This sounds like a pretty big project, and you've provided
literally no information. You would probably be better off starting

slow.
What's the first thing you want to do? Perhaps something like this will
help?
http://www.dragondrop.com/WordCoding/word011a.asp
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Abraham Pareja" Abraham wrote in

message
news
How can i create a wizard to fill a template that i have created in

word?
Can you guys help me on this please!!

Tony Jollans

I've just read this example. I am neither MVP nor apologist for MVPs but
that site takes it upon itself to be overtly critical of the mvps example
and makes a big deal about good programming practice and then talks (and
codes) complete tosh when it gets to the bit about error handling. Shame
really because, essentially, the example is OK otherwise.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Hi, Abraham. This sounds like a pretty big project, and you've provided
literally no information. You would probably be better off starting slow.
What's the first thing you want to do? Perhaps something like this will
help?
http://www.dragondrop.com/WordCoding/word011a.asp
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Abraham Pareja" Abraham wrote in

message
news
How can i create a wizard to fill a template that i have created in

word?
Can you guys help me on this please!!

Charles Kenyon

I think the language is in the article is harsh. I suspect Malcolm's main
criticism is the use of the Show command rather than creating a new instance
of the form. While generally I haven't had problems with doing this, I've
converted to using Malcolm's methods for displaying and using userforms
rather than the .Show command. I've read enough to believe that it is better
programming.

Nevertheless, I point people to the MVP article because it is
straightforward and easy to use (as is Malcolm's).
--

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Hi, Abraham. This sounds like a pretty big project, and you've provided
literally no information. You would probably be better off starting slow.
What's the first thing you want to do? Perhaps something like this will
help?
http://www.dragondrop.com/WordCoding/word011a.asp
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Abraham Pareja" Abraham wrote in

message
news
How can i create a wizard to fill a template that i have created in

word?
Can you guys help me on this please!!

None of wizards are working on my demo :Luckydog704 Microsoft Word Help 0 July 29th 05 10:38 PM
How to create or modify Word wizards? Jim Ciotti Microsoft Word Help 0 February 11th 05 04:29 PM
Office Document Wizards went where....? bil New Users 5 January 13th 05 04:25 PM
Templates/ Wizards. Faust Page Layout 4 January 11th 05 08:42 AM
Templates and Wizards RKL333 Page Layout 2 December 15th 04 08:18 PM