Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
About_to_chuck_a_Wobbly

Default How do I banish US English from my Office styles?

Have set Office Language settings, Normal.dot and even my spellchecker
dictionary preference, but US English still appears alongside Australian
English in the Language settings for each style. Both languages have ticks
and an ABC sysmbol against them.

Documents based on Normal.dot keep reverting to US English, even though I am
doing everything in my power and everything specified in MS Office Help to
switch it off.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm. Note, however,
that language is form of text formatting that can be applied to amounts of
text as small as one letter, so it is very easy to inadvertently paste text
in from a source formatted in another language and thus introduce the
unwanted language into your document.

"About_to_chuck_a_Wobbly"
wrote in message
Have set Office Language settings, Normal.dot and even my spellchecker
dictionary preference, but US English still appears alongside Australian
English in the Language settings for each style. Both languages have ticks
and an ABC sysmbol against them.

Documents based on Normal.dot keep reverting to US English, even though I

am
doing everything in my power and everything specified in MS Office Help to
switch it off.

Need Help From Word Experts jon_banquer Formatting Long Documents 27 May 18th 06 11:44 PM
I Office 97 Compatable with 2003? frankzoll Microsoft Word Help 2 May 4th 06 07:33 PM
Styles Growing Deb Page Layout 12 April 5th 06 10:56 PM
How can I generate Random English Words using office dictionary ? Deepak Microsoft Word Help 0 December 7th 05 10:44 PM
How can I move my word styles from Office 2000 to Office 2003 on . Northof60 Microsoft Word Help 2 March 29th 05 11:16 PM