Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BIN

Default How can I indent a center-aligned table?

Hi Friends

I have document where the text paragraphs are indented by 1 cm from left. I
want add a table between two paragraph, which I want it to be horizontally
center-aligned while keeping the 1 cm indent.

I see there is an option to indent a left-aligned table in the table
properties option, but how can I do it for a center-aligned one?

Regards,

Bin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Richard O. Neville

By definition, center alignment means the same margin on both sides, which
probably explains why you can't indent a center-aligned table. But you can
fiddle with the table borders, either with the mouse and the ruler or with
the Table Properties menu.

"BIN" wrote in message
Hi Friends

I have document where the text paragraphs are indented by 1 cm from left.
want add a table between two paragraph, which I want it to be horizontally
center-aligned while keeping the 1 cm indent.

I see there is an option to indent a left-aligned table in the table
properties option, but how can I do it for a center-aligned one?

Regards,

Bin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

You can add a left indent to the text inside the table, if that is
what you want. Select the cells and, on the Format menu, click
Paragraph. Click the Indents and Spacing tab. Specify the desired
amount at Indentation. Alternatively, change the cell margins, in the
Table Options dialog box (click the Options button on the Table tab of
TableTable Properties).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP