Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pQp pQp is offline

Default Start next record after varying no of pages?

I have a merge doc which is 6 pages long that invites customers to enter a
competition. The first couple of pages are common to all records then the
following 4 are one page entry forms depending on how many products the
customer has registered. (They are allowed one entry per product.) Each page
says "Entry 1 of (field -number of products registered)", "Entry 2 of
....".etc up to 4 entry pages.

At he moment, I just print the whole 6 and throw out the extra entry form
pages if they are entitled to less than that. (Very guilty about the waste!)

Is there a way to start the next record after the right amount of pages?
I tried using - next record if - the (no of products registered) field is
equal to 1, at the end of entry form page one, then 2 on page two etc, but
this simply continues with the next record from that page, it doesn't start
the next record from the beginning. eg: if Joe Blogg's is supposed to stop
at 2, after two entry form pages, all four are still printed, but the last 2
forms are labelled for the next customer.

Can anyone help? Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need to do this the other way round and insert the pages only as
required. You can do this with IncludeText fields or Autotext fields that
contain the page information.

Entry 1 of { MERGEFIELD NumberFieldName }¶

{ IncludeText "C:\\Path\\Filename.doc" }{ IF{ MERGEFIELD NumberFieldName } =
2 "Entry 2 of { MERGEFIELD NumberFieldName }¶

{ IncludeText "C:\\Path\\Filename.doc" }" }{ IF{ MERGEFIELD
NumberFieldName } = 3 "Entry 2 of { MERGEFIELD NumberFieldName}¶

{ IncludeText "C:\\Path\\Filename.doc" }Entry 3 of { MERGEFIELD
NumberFieldName }¶

{ IncludeText "C:\\Path\\Filename.doc" }"}{ IF{ MERGEFIELD NumberFieldName }
= 4 "Entry 2 of { MERGEFIELD NumberFieldName }¶

{ IncludeText "C:\\Path\\Filename.doc" }Entry 3 of { MERGEFIELD
NumberFieldName }¶

{ IncludeText "C:\\Path\\Filename.doc" }Entry 4 of { MERGEFIELD
NumberFieldName }¶

{ IncludeText "C:\\Path\\Filename.doc" }" }¶

NumberFieldName is the field that holds the number 1 to 4

c:\\path\\filename.doc is the entry document.

¶ is where you press enter.