Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
QAadmin QAadmin is offline

Default Hyperlinks to templates to open a blank doc.

Hello everybody.
I know this question has been asked quite a few times, but I am still having
problem with it. I've tried what people suggested, and what MS suggests in
its knowledge base, but it still doesn't work. I don't want to create a macro
to deal with this issue, especially if there is a way to avoid it. Could
someone explain me step by step how to insert hyperlink that would open a
blank doc based on a certain template? I've tried all kinds of ways, but it
either opens the template itself, or gives me "cannot open file" message, or
some other weird message.
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have a web page with a link where this is happening?
What version of Word are you using?

The MS Knowledge base method, to link to a a shortcut to the template usually works.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278627/en-us?FR=1

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP