Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
meendar meendar is offline

Default Appendix heading formatting

Hey,

Please help me for heading and numbering for the following document
structures.

APPENDIX A SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS TEST PROCESS

10. Process Description
10.1 Quality Issues
20. Alternative Grouping Methodologies
30. Requirement Change Analysis
30.1 Analysis Details
30.2 Determining the Tests to Re-execute

APPENDIX B TEST STRATEGIES

10. Control Channel Test Objectives
10.1 Dynamic Testing of Control Channel
10.1.1 Execution Notes
10.1.2 Implementation Notes
20. Test Objectives
20.1 General Coverage and
20.1.1 Threshold Testing Strategy

APPENDIX C ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

10. Project Organizational Structure
20. Test Team Roles and Responsibilities
30. Test Independence

I have already used the word's default heading style. I have created
new style and applied outling numbering. I inserted '0' after 1 in the
number format, but when we gets numbering for the appendix B, it comes
' 40' Instead of restarting from '10'. The numbering continues for
every appendix and never gets restarted from 10.

Thanks for your time

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Meendar

For information on numbering headings in general, see
How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft Word
document
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

For information on numbering appendixes in particular, see
How to number headings and figures in Appendixes in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"meendar" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Answered your other post in the Numbering group

On 24/8/06 3:24 AM, in article
, "meendar"
wrote:

[...]

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410