Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JollyMike JollyMike is offline

Default Problems numbering a mailmerge doc with condtional paragraphs

I am having more than a headache while attempting to autonumber my paragraphs
in a Mergedoc. My document contains conditional paragraphs that are within
IF statements. e.g. 24) blah blah blah {IF {MERGEFIELD asdf} = "True" " 25)
blah blah blah" "" 26) blah blah blah. What I need to do is automatically
renumber paragraphs based on the conditional paragraphs. My document is 26
pages (not including mergecode) and contains 50+ numbered paragraphs
(sections) many of which are conditional. This makes renumbering the entire
document every time I have a conditional paragraph undesirable. I have tried
the {SEQ} method of numbering (which doesn't like IF statements) as well as
normal autonumbering. Nothing has worked for me. Please help, I am running
out of aspirin.

Thx

My Document is laid out as such:

1) unconditional