Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NOV NOV is offline

Default how to you stop previous markups showing on document

When I make changes to a previous word document, when I come to to re open
the file I get the new document with all the old changes on the document
aswell. Is there a way to stop this happening
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See this article for details about how track changes works:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

The tracked changes will remain in the document until you either accept them
or reject them. In the linked article, see the section €œHow do I accept or
reject all tracked changes in the document in one step?€

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"NOV" wrote:

When I make changes to a previous word document, when I come to to re open
the file I get the new document with all the old changes on the document
aswell. Is there a way to stop this happening

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you Accept your changes, you won't see them any more.

As long as your document contains tracked changes, Word will show them
to you when you open your document (so that you don't forget they're
there, and accidentally send them to someone who shouldn't see them).

If you don't want to be using Track Changes at all, press Ctrl-Shift-E
to turn it off; and in the Reviewing toolbar or the Reviewing tab of
the Ribbon, click the arrow by "Accept Change" and choose "Accept All
Changes."