Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JudyAnne JudyAnne is offline

Default How do I delete date and time printing on every page?

Date and time print on the bottom of every page I print in word, excel and
web pages - how do I cancel this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 06:20:00 -0800, JudyAnne
wrote:

Date and time print on the bottom of every page I print in word, excel and
web pages - how do I cancel this?

Each program is different.

- For Word, if every new blank document you create contains the date
and time, there is a field saved in the footer of the Normal.dot
template. This isn't standard for Word; you might have put it there
deliberately at some point, or by accident. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for the steps
to get rid of it.

- For Excel, open the File Page Setup dialog and click the
Header/Footer tab. Set both the Header and Footer dropdowns to
"(none)". Also click the Custom Footer button and make sure there's
nothing there.

- For web pages (Internet Explorer), go to the File Page Setup
dialog and empty the Header and Footer boxes.

If all of those places are already set as described, and especially if
pages from other programs such as Notepad also show the same footer,
then you may have a footer specified in your printer driver. Go to
Start Menu Settings Printers & Faxes, select your printer, and
click File Printing Preferences. Every printer's dialog is
different, so I can't tell you what to look for there, but poke
around.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman