Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissalala Melissalala is offline

Default How come I can't erase the parts I have highlighted? Doesn't work

When I try to highlight something to erase that entire highlighted part, it
only goes to the beginning where I started the highlight.

Like if I try to highlight to erase that whole part..:

The dog is cool.

It will only bring the flashing | - thing to the beginning of that sentence.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably you need to check the box that says "typing replaces
selection." It might be in Tools | Options | Edit, or it might be
somewhere in Tools | AutoCorrect, depends on your version (which you
didn't specify). Backspace counts as typing, in Word's view.