Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bec

Default Nonbreaking Spaces

We use nonbraking spaces (Ctl+Alt+space bar) in our daily correspondence;
however, our company recently purchased & installed scanners called ScanSnap
(Fujitsu). Unfornately, every time you key in a required space, it turns on
the scanning function. I found a work-around to this new wrinkle; however,
it is a bit cumbersome. I created a macro to use the nonbreaking symbol
under Special Characters, & assigned that macro to a custom toolbar key.
Again, typing becomes a pain when you have to stop & select the toolbar
button evey time you want to insert a required space. Does anyone know of
any easier way to do this without having too much of a break in continuity
while typing? (I love that the scanner folks obvisously were not familiar
with Word, by their using the present combination of keys already "spoken
for" in Word)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First of all, the default keyboard shortcut for a nonbreaking space is
Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar, not Ctrl+Alt+Spacebar. But you can substitute any
shortcut you like. On the Special Characters tab of Insert | Symbol, select
Nonbreaking Space, click Shortcut Key..., and enter any keyboard shortcut
you want to use.

"Bec" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can try this EnergyKey
http://www30.webSamba.com/SmartStudio
This may be help you.
Now I always use EnergyKey, it helps me so much in my work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bec

I made a typo--I realize you use Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar--sorry. Thank you for
the info on creating my own shortcut. I give it a try.