Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default Headings

My Chapter heading needs to be Chapter One then the headings in the document
need to be 1.1.1.1 etc. When I make Heading 1 Chapter One then Heading 2
wants to be One.1 Heading 3 One.1.1 etc. Is there any way of to make Heading
1 say the word and Heading 2 use the number?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Edit the outline-numberd list so that Level 1 has the format "One, two,
three,..."; then, for the lower levels, check the box "Legal style
numbering."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sue" wrote in message
My Chapter heading needs to be Chapter One then the headings in the
document
need to be 1.1.1.1 etc. When I make Heading 1 Chapter One then Heading 2
wants to be One.1 Heading 3 One.1.1 etc. Is there any way of to make
Heading
1 say the word and Heading 2 use the number?

2007 headings do not match the 2003 headings BBG Microsoft Word Help 6 February 5th 09 10:13 PM
Getting my Headings into the TOC DianePDavies Microsoft Word Help 1 October 1st 08 11:24 AM
Headings Ember Microsoft Word Help 4 August 5th 08 10:23 PM
Outline numbering - headings and no-headings on same level VBMoron Microsoft Word Help 1 October 23rd 07 02:06 PM
Headings Joe Blow New Users 3 November 17th 05 07:19 PM