Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Allan TFF

Default Printing A4 and booklet sized layouts from the same MS Document

I have a document of about 30 pages that I need to print in in both a normal
A4 and an A5 sized booklet format. Printing the former is easy enough, but it
seems I have to change the page setup to acheive the latter. Part of the
problem is changing to book fold changes the formatting, so that the A4 and
booklet pagination and page content are different.
I also don't have a 'finished' document at any stage, as its being
constantly revised and redistributed, so it's fussy to have to make a 2nd,
booklet copy of the document every time I need to print one.
And importing into Publisher doesn't help either, as there's simply too much
layout stuff to change each time.
Can anyone offer a simple, elegant, workable solution....? I'd be most
grateful for good help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Instead of using "Book fold," you could use the "2 pages per sheet" option
in the Print dialog, specifying the pages in the required order (1, 32, 31,
2, etc.). The article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm has a link to a
macro to do just this. Note that this method reduces the entire page.