Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brandon[_2_] Brandon[_2_] is offline

Default SECTIONPAGES Across Multiple Sections?

Is this possible?

My document is organized in sections as follows:

1) Cover Sheet (protected)
2) Revision Table (unprotected)
3) Lists: List of Contents, List of Figs, List of Tables (protected)
4) Content (unprotectd)

I'd like to have sections 1-3 have a lowercase roman numeral page # and
total pages from sections 1-3 combined. Section 4 will have arabic numerals
and start from 1. Currently sections 1-3 are using SECTIONPAGES, so after
each section the total page count restarts, which I don't want.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Place a bookmark on the last page of section 3, and name it something like
"LastPage". In the page numbering for those three sections, replace the
SECTIONPAGES field with a PAGEREF field that refers to the bookmark. It will
display the page number of the page that contains the bookmark.

Be careful not to overwrite or delete the bookmark, or to add more pages to
the section after the bookmark. It's easier to ensure that when you can see
the bookmark, so go to Tools Options View and check the "Bookmarks" box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman