Matt Williamson

Default Merge all records to same page in word97

I'm trying to do a mail merge in word 97 using Outlook 2k contacts as the
data source to create a single quote/comma delimited file that I can import
into excel. Is there an easy way to supress the page break between each
record so that all records appear on the same page until they overflow onto
the next one?

TIA

Matt

Graham Mayor

This is the function of a directory/catalog merge - everything you enter is
such a merge document is repeated for each record one immediately after the
other.
Incidentally Outlook will export its contacts list to a CSV file which you
can import into Excel without using Word.

Matt Williamson wrote:
I'm trying to do a mail merge in word 97 using Outlook 2k contacts as
the data source to create a single quote/comma delimited file that I
can import into excel. Is there an easy way to supress the page break
between each record so that all records appear on the same page until
they overflow onto the next one?

TIA

Matt

Matt Williamson

Graham-

That was simple. Thank you.

I'm using word as an intermediary because I need some IF THEN logic to
determine what fields to pull. I judged this to be the fastest way to get
where I needed to go.

Matt