Chalin Chalin is offline
Junior Member

Default empty box when i insert picture?

Hey,

I am getting an empty box (little black squares on each corner) when i try to insert a picture into my word document. It's a jpeg..and i inserted one before and it worked..how come this one isn't working??

any ideas?
garfield-n-odie

A few things to try:
1. In Word, if you're working in Normal view, switch to Print
Layout view (View | Print Layout), because objects that are
formatted as "float over text" (Word 97) or as something other
than "inline with text" (Word 2002 and 2003) are not visible in
Normal view.
2. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | check the
"Drawings" box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | Print
tab | check the "Drawing objects" box | OK.
3. If neither of the previous suggestions fixes the problem,
then try reducing the hardware acceleration setting in Start |
Control Panel | Display | Advanced | Troubleshooting. If this
fixes the problem, then you might want to check the website of
the manufacturer of your video card/graphics adapter to see if
there is an updated driver available.