Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tone

Default roman numerals in Word - one million

how do i create a symbol for a roman numeral in Word to represent one
million, which is an M w/ line over it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

When you have made something that you are happy with then create an
AutoText entry with it for reuse.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tone

"Greg" wrote:

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

When you have made something that you are happy with then create an
AutoText entry with it for reuse.

Greg, thanks for the notes. it look like the url sends me to direction on how to write a marco in excel for banners etc.. Do you know how to create a line above a capital letter in word. i can do it on the typewritter, but the computer does not cooperate the same way. any help you can privde would be greatful. thanks tone

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

You could do that with a text box with an Uppercase letter M and a line above
the letter drawn with the line tool on the Drawing Toolbar. I don't know of
an over-strike function in Word that would allow you to superimpose upon a
character a superscripted character.

--
Kevin Backmann

"tone" wrote:

"Greg" wrote:

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

When you have made something that you are happy with then create an
AutoText entry with it for reuse.

Greg, thanks for the notes. it look like the url sends me to direction on how to write a marco in excel for banners etc.. Do you know how to create a line above a capital letter in word. i can do it on the typewritter, but the computer does not cooperate the same way. any help you can privde would be greatful. thanks tone

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tone

thanks. i was hoping there was an easier result like a superstrike. i
wanted to create a symbol for it and then and then save it to the fonts so it
would be there forever. I appreciate your time and suggestions. thanks

"tone" wrote:

"Greg" wrote:

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

When you have made something that you are happy with then create an
AutoText entry with it for reuse.

Greg, thanks for the notes. it look like the url sends me to direction on how to write a marco in excel for banners etc.. Do you know how to create a line above a capital letter in word. i can do it on the typewritter, but the computer does not cooperate the same way. any help you can privde would be greatful. thanks tone

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

"tone" wrote in message
how do i create a symbol for a roman numeral in Word to represent one
million, which is an M w/ line over it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You need to create an EQ field to place the elements - see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm
then save that as a formatted autocorrect for (say) _M

"tone" wrote:

"Greg" wrote:

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

When you have made something that you are happy with then create an
AutoText entry with it for reuse.

Greg, thanks for the notes. it look like the url sends me to
direction on how to write a marco in excel for banners etc.. Do
you know how to create a line above a capital letter in word. i
can do it on the typewritter, but the computer does not cooperate
the same way. any help you can privde would be greatful.
thanks tone

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

You obviously didn't look very hard. You have now been told and shown
every which way but Sunday how to do this. I wish you success.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tone

"Greg" wrote:

You obviously didn't look very hard. You have now been told and shown
every which way but Sunday how to do this. I wish you success.

when i got your message i thought it was an excell macro. what i know about computers is how to turn them on and type. i see your instruction from the get go were the correct ones. i appreciate your advice and have taken them to study. i just need to learn how to get into the eq area and perform the funtions you outlined. sorry i did not follow up with an additional thank you for being the first to outline a proper solution. i actually responded to suzanne under a seperate cover for explaining your process in further laymens terms.

thanks for taking the time to answer each time. i am sorry they allow us
novices on line to ask sometimes routine and simple questions. thnaks tone
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Tone,

Get to the EQ area is simply a matter of pressing CTRL+F9 to create the
field braces { }

No need to apologize. I am not in a race to be the first to reply and
if it weren't for novices being allowed online I would never had gotten
here myself nor would there be much point in hanging around ;-)

Come back as often as you like.