Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
scottrogers scottrogers is offline

Default replace auto page breaks with section breaks

I have created a huge (20+MB) baseline document with automatic page breaks. I
now need to convert all those automatic page breaks to next-page section
breaks so that I can edit each page independent of the rest of the pages.
That is, if I need to add text to page 120 in the middle of the doc, I can't
let the text roll on page 121 - those pages need to be kept unchanged. (If
the additional text rolls onto a new page, it will be numbered something like
120a, 120b, etc.)

Is there an automatic way to do that? Find/Replace doesn't look promising. I
hope somebody already has a macro out there to do this sort of thing ...