Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glitter Glitter is offline

Default Multiple Line Mail Merge

My data source has 4 or more rows of data for each record of my mail merge.
How can I set up the mail merge to grab more than 1 row of data (it needs to
be flexible) into 1 mail merged document. For example...

1 Record:
Customer A 123456 Address City State
Customer A 234561 Address City State
Customer A 345612 Address City State

Need it to come onto the letter like:

Customer A Address City State
123456
234561
345612

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

See "Use Mail Merge to Create a List Sorted by Category in Word 2000":
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211303

The following field code construction works better (and is simpler) than the one there, though:
{QUOTE{IF{MERGESEQ}= 1 {SET Place ""}}"{IF{MERGEFIELD City} {Place} "{IF{MERGESEQ}= 1 "" "ENTER
"}{MERGEFIELD City}{SET Place {MERGEFIELD City}}ENTER
ENTER
"}{MERGEFIELD Employee}TAB{MERGEFIELD Sales}ENTER
"}ENTER

The problem with the field code in the KB article is that it inserts an extra line between the records when an Excel workbook is
used as the data source.

--
Cheers
macropod