Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Debutante The Debutante is offline

Default Custom Label Help

I work at a firm that just had custom shipping labels made with our
letterhead on them. Since the sheets are not Avery (or other compatible
brand), I created my own custom label. The only problem is that anytime I
want to print on these letterhead labels I have to change the paragraph
settings EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is a waste of time. Is there ANY way that
I can set up my custom label so that it always prints BELOW the letterhead?
Or am I stuck changing the paragraph settings every time? Any help is
GREATLY appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy, Microsoft MVP Anne Troy, Microsoft MVP is offline

I'd probably have to see the file to help specifically. However, perhaps
you're simply caught between using a template and editing a template. Maybe
this article will help:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm
--
Anne Troy - Word MVP

My web site www.OfficeArticles.com
Word MVP web site: http://word.mvps.org

"The Debutante" wrote:

I work at a firm that just had custom shipping labels made with our
letterhead on them. Since the sheets are not Avery (or other compatible
brand), I created my own custom label. The only problem is that anytime I
want to print on these letterhead labels I have to change the paragraph
settings EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is a waste of time. Is there ANY way that
I can set up my custom label so that it always prints BELOW the letterhead?
Or am I stuck changing the paragraph settings every time? Any help is
GREATLY appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Either create a template in place of the custom label
or
modify your custom label so that it only occupies the size that doesn't
include the printed portion, by changing the label height and vertical pitch
and top margin as necessary.

The Debutante wrote:
I work at a firm that just had custom shipping labels made with our
letterhead on them. Since the sheets are not Avery (or other
compatible brand), I created my own custom label. The only problem
is that anytime I want to print on these letterhead labels I have to
change the paragraph settings EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is a waste of
time. Is there ANY way that I can set up my custom label so that it
always prints BELOW the letterhead? Or am I stuck changing the
paragraph settings every time? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Custom label emergency Island Girl New Users 4 May 18th 07 06:30 AM
HOW DO I SET A CUSTOM LABEL SIZE RHONA MC DERMOTT Mailmerge 0 June 28th 06 10:55 AM
Custom/Label SS Microsoft Word Help 1 August 31st 05 03:57 PM
custom label lost in cincy Microsoft Word Help 3 March 23rd 05 09:55 PM
custom label rsamuel Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 12:11 AM