Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elaine

Default word 2003 malfunction, setup

I tried the suggestion to run detect & repair. Still no luck. I still had
the alphabet for fonts & the second I tried to run the thesaurus, Word froze.
I got one error about a cab file, then I got an error about mso.dll. I
don't know what's going on, but I want Word to just work! Please help.

I am still fit to be tied with Word 2003 (on Win XP). Everytime I start
word, if I watch carefully, I see a ghost of a setup dialog box appear &
disappear so fast you can't be sure you saw it.

The problem first developed on day when I tried to use Shift+F7 to access
the thesaurus. I got a Setup Error and realized the program was froze. If I
try to click in word, if hear ding, ding with every click.

Furthermore, I lost all of my fonts. When I try to choose/change a font, my
choices are the alphabet: A, B, C, and so forth down a vertical list where
the font names should appear.

I went into add/delete programs & clicked to fix it, but with no luck at
all. So I removed Office 2003 and reinstalled it off of my original/new
disk. I have Office Professional Edition 2003. It still won't work!

I have never, ever uninstalled a program or suite, and had the same problem
after reinstalling. I don't know what to do. I teach and I teach computers.
I use Office a lot. I make up my own handouts, presentations, templates,
etc. for students and staff. This is not good, especially after I paid to
have the best I could--I thought.

I am completely frustrated and at a total loss and would be very, very
appreciative of any help.