Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] markus.orchowski@gmail.com is offline

Default Calculation field from SQL table

Hi,

I read through some of the threads regarding MERGEFIELD syntax and can
not for the life of me get this to work.

I am following microsoft article: 90488
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=90488

In it clearly gives the syntax as:

{= ({MERGEFIELD order} + 100)}

In my document I have one line showing the amound and I want to show 5%
of the amount on the next line.

Every single document has an amount but all the percentage lines have
!Syntax Error, {

My code looks like this

{ MERGEFIELD "amount" \# $#,### }
{ =({ MERGEFIELD "amount"}*.05) \# $#,### }

As mentioned before there are no problems on the first line. The
second line I get !Syntax Error, {.

Thank you,

-Markus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The chances are that you have typed the inner { MERGEFIELD } using the
regular {} characters on the keyboard.

However, both pairs of {} need to be the special "field code braces" you can
create using ctrl-F9

Peter Jamieson
oups.com...