James Taylor

Default recover Word document that was not saved

I worked all night (16hrs), compiling data, coping and pasting it into Word
to move it to Excell later. I thought that Outlook was opening up closed it
and clicked no to save changes. It was my word document, I lost all of it. I
tried auto recovery and it gives me a blank document and the time on the
document is the time that I closed the document that i am looking for. Please
help, this document has to be somewhere in a temp file, please help me!!!!!
Doug Robbins

Sorry, but Word has a very clear understanding of the word "No".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"James Taylor" wrote in message
I worked all night (16hrs), compiling data, coping and pasting it into Word
to move it to Excell later. I thought that Outlook was opening up closed
it
and clicked no to save changes. It was my word document, I lost all of it.
tried auto recovery and it gives me a blank document and the time on the
document is the time that I closed the document that i am looking for.
Please
help, this document has to be somewhere in a temp file, please help
me!!!!!

Amedee Van Gasse

James Taylor shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.docmanagement:

I worked all night (16hrs), compiling data, coping and pasting it
into Word to move it to Excell later. I thought that Outlook was
opening up closed it and clicked no to save changes. It was my word
document, I lost all of it. I tried auto recovery and it gives me a
blank document and the time on the document is the time that I closed
the document that i am looking for. Please help, this document has to
be somewhere in a temp file, please help me!!!!!

Temporary files get deleted when you close Word. Hence the word
"temporary".

Next time, don't think, READ before you click. And READ IT AGAIN. And
then, READ IT BACKWARDS. Just to make sure you have READ ALL THE WORDS.

I'm sorry, but this is a hard lesson all of us had to learn some time.

--
Amedee Van Gasse