Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kwgmatthies kwgmatthies is offline

Default Paste without Formatting, Default?

I want to paste text into Word without having Word apply the source
formatting to the pasted text.

I currently do this using the Paste Options button below the pasted text,
but this gets tedious after a few pastes.

How can I set the defaults to never paste the formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can intercept the EditPaste command with the following macro (in
normal.dot or in an add-in):

Sub EditPaste()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you need detailed
instructions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kwgmatthies" wrote in message
I want to paste text into Word without having Word apply the source
formatting to the pasted text.

I currently do this using the Paste Options button below the pasted text,
but this gets tedious after a few pastes.

How can I set the defaults to never paste the formatting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kwgmatthies kwgmatthies is offline

Thanks Stefan,

Never in a million microseconds would I have thought to change this with a
macro! You've opened up a whole new world for me as far as configuring the
Office apps to my particular needs and preferences.

I'd think a single "Paste with Format" checkbox somewhere in Options would
be more appropriately user friendly, but I can imagine the marketing folks
complaints about mucking with the 'discoverability' of such a great feature
as Paste with Format--after all, who would ever want to turn it off?

Thanks very much for your help.

--kwgm

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can intercept the EditPaste command with the following macro (in
normal.dot or in an add-in):

Sub EditPaste()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you need detailed
instructions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kwgmatthies" wrote in message
I want to paste text into Word without having Word apply the source
formatting to the pasted text.

I currently do this using the Paste Options button below the pasted text,
but this gets tedious after a few pastes.

How can I set the defaults to never paste the formatting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

Note, however, that if you want to paste formatted data, such as a table,
you will have to use the Paste Special command.