Carla Bradley

Default Form fields

I need to create a form in Word. I need to lock a field down to a specific
number of characters. It doesn't really matter how I do this or what kind of
error they get as long as this form doesn't change. For example if they enter
too many characters and it starts wrapping downward or moving a field on the
right to another line etc... What would be the best way to go about that? BTW
this is Word 2003.
Charles Kenyon

Put each of the fields in a fixed-size table cell or frame. You can also put
a limit on the number of characters in the field's property.
What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms including ideas for keeping fields where you want them,
follow the links at http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,