Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab3246 ab3246 is offline

Default Printing a document

When printing a document from Word, the text appears to be greyed out. I
have since printed from various websites, and the black text on the websites
prints out fine. It has happened only when printing from Word. What could
it be?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi A.B.,

Prior to printing in MS Word use File=Print and check the [Properties] button for the setting for your printer. It could be that
they're set to a draft or other setting other than the ones set for general use, such as for using your web browser.

==========
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab3246 ab3246 is offline

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the response, but upon further testing of the printer, it just
seems that I had to replace my black ink cartridge. I was thrown initially
by the fact that I was able to print from a website without issue; the black
ink cartridge printed out the website text just fine. So this morning I
performed an HP print test, and I quickly realized that the cartridge just
needs to be replaced. A little embarrassing as I consider myself to be more
of an intermediate computer user, not a beginner.

Thanks again,
AB