Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don K.

Default Failure to print

Within the last week, my printer has been failing to print any documents I
prepare in Word. I can print everything else: emails, pages from the
internet, etc, so I don't think it is the printer. I can even print help
topics from within Word, but I can't print documents I prepare. They don't
show up in the queue. My printer is selected as the default printer, so that
seems to be OK. Any ideas?
--
ketch33
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Have you activated Word? What do you see if you select "Activate Product"
from the Help menu?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Don K." wrote in message
Within the last week, my printer has been failing to print any documents I
prepare in Word. I can print everything else: emails, pages from the
internet, etc, so I don't think it is the printer. I can even print help
topics from within Word, but I can't print documents I prepare. They don't
show up in the queue. My printer is selected as the default printer, so
that
seems to be OK. Any ideas?
--
ketch33

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don K.

When I open Word, and then open the help menu, I don't find "activate
product". My Word came as a part of Microsoft WordPerfect 12 package
preloaded on my Dell computer. Don't know if that is relevant. I also am
finding that not only can I not print new documents I prepare, I can't print
a document I prepared previously and which I have printed several times in
the past.
--
ketch33

"Don K." wrote in message
Within the last week, my printer has been failing to print any documents I
prepare in Word. I can print everything else: emails, pages from the
internet, etc, so I don't think it is the printer. I can even print help
topics from within Word, but I can't print documents I prepare. They don't
show up in the queue. My printer is selected as the default printer, so
that
seems to be OK. Any ideas?
--
ketch33

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Ummmmmmmmm, Don. You've made a big mistake. Microsoft doesn't make
WordPerfect, Corel does. And WordPerfect is a completely different program.
You should be asking a WordPerfect newsgroup, not Word. Sorry.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don K." wrote in message
Within the last week, my printer has been failing to print any
documents I
prepare in Word. I can print everything else: emails, pages from the
internet, etc, so I don't think it is the printer. I can even print
help
topics from within Word, but I can't print documents I prepare. They
don't
show up in the queue. My printer is selected as the default printer,
so
that
seems to be OK. Any ideas?
--
ketch33

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, you've got a computer with, I suspect, Corel (WordPerfect) Office
Suite and a trial version of Microsoft Office (not related). If you want to
keep Microsoft Office instead of Corel, see €śHow to convert a Office 2003
Trial Edition to a Full Retail Edition€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023

"Don K." wrote in message
Within the last week, my printer has been failing to print any

documents I
prepare in Word. I can print everything else: emails, pages from the
internet, etc, so I don't think it is the printer. I can even print

help
topics from within Word, but I can't print documents I prepare. They

don't
show up in the queue. My printer is selected as the default printer,

so
that
seems to be OK. Any ideas?
--
ketch33

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don K.

Thanks for all your responses. I DO have Corel's Work Perfect 12, but when
you open it, you can choose to work in "Microsoft Word Mode" or in "Word
Perfect Mode". That is what confused me, as I was working in "Microsoft Word
Mode". Anyway, I wasn't able to figure out my printing problem, so I used
XP's "back in time" System Restore Wizard and took the computer back to the
date one day before I last successfully printed a document from WordPerfect.
That apparently took care of whatever setting wasn't correct because it now
seems to be printing fine. Thanks again for your help.
--
ketch33