Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Stanton Bill Stanton is offline

Default Header on FIRST PAGE ONLY

I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Header on FIRST PAGE ONLY

Hi Bill!

To have a header on the first page only, you can follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the header area of the first page to open the Header & Footer Tools Design tab.
  2. In the "Options" group, check the box next to "Different First Page".
  3. This will remove the header from all pages except the first one.
  4. Customize the header on the first page as desired.
  5. When you're finished, click "Close Header and Footer" or double-click outside of the header area to return to the main document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Do the following: Double-click to activate the header. Cut the content.
Display the Page Setup dialog box, and select "Different first page"; you
now have a separate first page header. Paste the content into the first page
header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill Stanton" wrote in message

I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Stanton Bill Stanton is offline

Thanks Stefan, that worked fine.
Sure couldn't find any help via WORD's
HELP.
Bill

On 02/17/2012 7:28 AM, Stefan Blom wrote:
Do the following: Double-click to activate the header. Cut the content.
Display the Page Setup dialog box, and select "Different first page";
you now have a separate first page header. Paste the content into the
first page header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill Stanton" wrote in message

I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm glad I could help!

There are actually some fairly good articles from Microsoft, but *finding*
them in Word Help is a huge problem, unfortunately. Sometimes it's easier to
locate topics at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] mehran.safizadeh@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 17, 2012 8:02:56 AM UTC-6, Bill Stanton wrote:
I have a DOT template file that contains an

elaborate header. Where can I stipulate

that the header is to be suppressed beyond

the first page. I.e., header on first page

only.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Esetafn
I appreciate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] mutz@ledyard.net is offline

On Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:02:56 AM UTC-5, Bill Stanton wrote:
I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill

This works great in Google Docs also!

--
This is a staff email account managed by Ledyard School District. This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] skindstrand@gmail.com is offline

Thank you for this! It's a bit different than in a word document but this worked like a charm.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jm231224@misdmail.net is offline

Hi I'm in 8th Grade and I don't understand it. Can you explain it in dummy version please, cause' that would be SOOOO helpful. I have to turn this in REEEALLY soon so reply ASAP. Thx0.o
marthawilson710 marthawilson710 is offline
Junior Member

Location: 3 South Sherman Street Astoria, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
Do the following: Double-click to activate the header. Cut the content.
Display the Page Setup dialog box, and select "Different first page"; you
now have a separate first page header. Paste the content into the first page
header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP
fnaf demo, survival games online

"Bill Stanton" wrote in message

I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill
You're not the only person looking, but most people print such checks from Quicken or Microsoft Money, which are set up to do just that.