how i can get rid of space between footnotes?

Old May 3rd 10, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default get rid of extra spaces in footnotes

Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Gordon" wrote in message

"barbara mccarthy" wrote in message
You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this
virtually eliminates the line.

You do realise that you are replying to a post that is over a YEAR old?

Old May 26th 10, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BA[_2_]

Default Success!!!

This is the ONLY solution that worked!! And trust me, I tried EVERYTHING! Thank you, Barbara.

barbara mccarthy wrote:

get rid of extra spaces in footnotes
03-May-10

You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this virtually eliminates the line.

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:44 AM
Hannahwilk wrote:

how i can get rid of space between footnotes?
For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:02 AM
Stefan Blom wrote:

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.
Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hannahwilky" wrote in message

On Friday, June 06, 2008 1:03 PM
Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On Friday, June 06, 2008 7:48 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph...
For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph... If the
paragraph has any spacing before or after, reduce it to 0. Click OK. Then
right-click in the modified footnote paragraph and choose Update Footnote
Text style to Match Selection.

"Clark" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 07, 2008 1:21 PM
Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Monday, May 03, 2010 4:23 PM
barbara mccarthy wrote:

get rid of extra spaces in footnotes
You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this virtually eliminates the line.

On Monday, May 03, 2010 5:11 PM
Gordon wrote:

"barbara mccarthy" wrote in messageYou do realise that you are replying to a
"barbara mccarthy" wrote in message

You do realise that you are replying to a post that is over a YEAR old?

On Monday, May 03, 2010 5:51 PM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

Make that TWO--Hope this helps.
Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Producer/Consumer Queue and BlockingCollection in C# 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...r-queue-a.aspx
Old May 26th 10, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BA[_2_]

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

Old May 26th 10, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

When troubleshooting these issues, it's always a good idea to display
nonprinting marks; you can use Ctrl+Shift+8 as a toggle. Paragraph marks will
display as pilcrows (¶).

If there are blank paragraphs present, you should be able to delete them.
Sometimes you have to use backspace rather than delete (Word is a bit particular
about paragraph marks inside footnotes).

On the other hand, if the line spacing or spacing before/after is the culprit,
clear it manually via the Paragraph dialog box (select footnote text first), or
modify the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

Old May 26th 10, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

Old September 6th 14, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Thanks Hannahwilk! The suggestion worked.

Babacar

Hannahwilk wrote:

how i can get rid of space between footnotes?
26-Mar-08

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

WPF Reflection Effect
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...on-effect.aspx

Old February 2nd 15, 01:37 PM
Jack Thomas Jack Thomas is offline
Banned

Be Vigilant, be safe and alert your community…

Hi Everyone,

I have visited a this Forum and found alarming information there that might not be relevant with the current discussions but it is certainly as important as any other important activities in our lives.

https://www.mycomuniti.com/group/eur...h-terror-alert

Share your opinion and keep an eye on surroundings for betterment of this precious planet.

Best Regards

Jack Thomas
Old March 2nd 15, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Thank God for you! Making the font smaller did the trick!

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

Old April 23rd 15, 11:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default how i can get rid of space between footnotes?

Thank you so much!