Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rspic01@gmail.com is offline

Default MS Word document keeps switching to "Final" rather than "Final: Show Markup"

Please help! I'm trying to edit a rather large document and it keeps hiding the tracked changes and comments on me, practically every 1-2 minutes! I've seen posts about people having the opposite problem (jumping to showing the markup when they don't want to see it). But I NEED to see the markup. It's making editing my document take twice as long as it should because every time it switches to "final" it changes the page length too and takes me to a completely different spot in the document! Please, please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is certainly strange. First of all, make sure that the "Make hidden
markup visible when opening or saving" option at File tab | Options | Trust
Center | Trust Center Settings | Privacy Options is selected. (In Word 2007,
click the Office button, and then click Word Options, to see the Options
dialog box.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

skrev i meddelandet
Please help! I'm trying to edit a rather large document and it keeps
hiding the tracked changes and comments on me, practically every 1-2
minutes! I've seen posts about people having the opposite problem (jumping
to showing the markup when they don't want to see it). But I NEED to see
the markup. It's making editing my document take twice as long as it
should because every time it switches to "final" it changes the page
length too and takes me to a completely different spot in the document!
Please, please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] nancy_barnett@brown.edu is offline

skrev i meddelandet

Please help! I'm trying to edit a rather large document and it keeps

hiding the tracked changes and comments on me, practically every 1-2

minutes! I've seen posts about people having the opposite problem (jumping

to showing the markup when they don't want to see it). But I NEED to see

the markup. It's making editing my document take twice as long as it

should because every time it switches to "final" it changes the page

length too and takes me to a completely different spot in the document!

Please, please help!

Hello,
I have this same problem. After a few minutes in Final Showing Markup the document just switches to Final and turns on the reviewing pane. I am very familiar with the Track Changes feature, and have checked the setting that Stefan suggests.
Thank you,
Nancy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This problem could be caused by a poorly designed add-in. In the KB article
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us, take a look at the sections
that refer to Startup and COM add-ins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] merryyoule@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:28:47 AM UTC-10, wrote:
Please help! I'm trying to edit a rather large document and it keeps hiding the tracked changes and comments on me, practically every 1-2 minutes! I've seen posts about people having the opposite problem (jumping to showing the markup when they don't want to see it). But I NEED to see the markup. It's making editing my document take twice as long as it should because every time it switches to "final" it changes the page length too and takes me to a completely different spot in the document! Please, please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most likely, a poorly designed add-in of some sort is causing this problem.
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us (How to troubleshoot
problems that occur when you start or use Word), in particular the sections
that refer to COM and Startup add-ins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP