Dawa

Default How do I delete a page in a word template?

Please Help!

I am having problems deleting a page in a newsletter template. I can delete
the tables and text, but the blank page still remains. How can I delete the
entire page in the newsletter template?

Thanks in advance!!!!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I delete a page in a word template?

To delete a page in a Word template, follow these steps:
  1. Make sure that you are viewing the document in "Print Layout" view. You can do this by clicking on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen, and then selecting "Print Layout" from the "Views" section.
  2. Click anywhere on the page that you want to delete. This will ensure that the cursor is active on that page.
  3. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. This should remove all of the content on the page.
  4. If the page still remains, it may be because there are hidden characters or formatting that are causing the page break. To check for this, click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon, and then click on the "Show/Hide" button in the "Paragraph" section. This will display all of the hidden characters in your document.
  5. Look for any section breaks or page breaks that may be causing the extra page. These will appear as dotted lines in your document. If you find any, simply delete them by clicking on them and pressing the "Delete" key.
  6. Once you have removed any hidden characters or formatting that may be causing the extra page, try deleting the page again by clicking on it and pressing the "Delete" key.

That should do the trick! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Richard Neville

In Print Layout view, turn on Show Paragraphs, and hunt for a stray
paragraph mark or small square indicating there is a "Page Break Before"
command buried in the text.

"Dawa" wrote in message
Please Help!

I am having problems deleting a page in a newsletter template. I can
delete
the tables and text, but the blank page still remains. How can I delete
the
entire page in the newsletter template?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dawa" wrote in message
Please Help!

I am having problems deleting a page in a newsletter template. I can

delete
the tables and text, but the blank page still remains. How can I

delete
the
entire page in the newsletter template?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Your question is off-topic for this thread. Ordinarily you add pages in Word
by adding content. I would imagine that this template uses a bunch of text
boxes and similar garbage, but you may be able to add pages by copying and
pasting additional ones (after adding a page break).

"Heidi Newsletter" wrote in
message ...
Do you know how to add pages to a 4-page word template? I downloaded a
school newsletter template I liked, but I need 8 pages. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Thanks.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dawa" wrote in message
Please Help!

I am having problems deleting a page in a newsletter template. I

can
delete
the tables and text, but the blank page still remains. How can I

delete
the
entire page in the newsletter template?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
XAVDES

I'm also trying to figure out how to add pages to my word template? How is
this done?????

"Heidi Newsletter" wrote:

Do you know how to add pages to a 4-page word template? I downloaded a
school newsletter template I liked, but I need 8 pages. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Thanks.

"Dawa" wrote in message
Please Help!

I am having problems deleting a page in a newsletter template. I can
delete
the tables and text, but the blank page still remains. How can I

delete
the
entire page in the newsletter template?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Show nonprinting marks, for example by pressing the ¶ button on the Standard
toolbar (Word 2007) or on the Home tab of the ribbon (Word 2007). Delete any
paragraph marks (¶) or tabs that you find (for more on nonprinting marks,
see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

If you still can't get rid of the page, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM