Red

Default How can I find a word document in Temporary Internet Files

I opened a word document sent to me by email, which I foolishly didnt realise
appeared to open as a temporary internet file. After working for an hour or
so I saved the document, as its original file name, rather than into my
documents, and now it appears to be lost.

I cant find it at all in windows explorer, which doesnt seem to show all the
folders in the temporary internet files folder (show all files turned on).

Please help cos I dont want to have to start again.
Anne Troy

Easiest: Open ANOTHER (not the SAME ONE!!) from your email and hit File-Save
as. You should then be able to see the temporary directory (that Outlook--I
assume you're using--creates).
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Red" wrote in message
I opened a word document sent to me by email, which I foolishly didnt
realise
appeared to open as a temporary internet file. After working for an hour
or
so I saved the document, as its original file name, rather than into my
documents, and now it appears to be lost.

I cant find it at all in windows explorer, which doesnt seem to show all
the
folders in the temporary internet files folder (show all files turned on).

Please help cos I dont want to have to start again.

Red

I did this already (only it was the SAME ONE). Does this mean that I have
overwritten the temp file with the old version?

Feeling cross.

Red

Ok I found it by doing what you said.

File save as (after opening another document from email), then cancelling,
and doing file OPEN, which then looked at the directory (which wouldnt show
up in a search).

Anyway I got my file. THANKS VERY MUCH.

Anne Troy

Sorry. To my understanding, yes. Rule of thumb: NEVER WORK in files opened
through email apps. Always save to you hard drive first.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

news