Why does word start up with blank document in email view

Old December 15th 05, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Why does word start up with blank document in email view

Recently, when starting up MS Office Word 2003, the initial view of the blank
'Normal' document is of a square sheet (rather than an A4 sheet) with the
text starting at the immediate top, suggesting it's an email. If I choose to
view the header/footer, then go back to the main document area, the format is
corrected.

I have already turned off the option in MS Outlook to use MS Word as the
email editor and I have also tried to save the corrected document as the
normal template, but it still does this every time.

What have I missed?

Rich

Word 97 in Windows XP to maintain formatting Charlie''s Word VBA questions Microsoft Word Help 21 October 24th 05 09:49 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM